How Do I Make A Plan For Divorce?
For many of us, making a plan is the first step to overcoming an obstacle.
Divorce is no different.
MAKING A PLAN FOR DIVORCE
First, you can sit down and consider what your objective goals are for your divorce.
Write out an outline that includes the following:
- Do I really want to divorce my spouse, or do I want to seek other alternatives initially, such as marriage counseling?
- What relationships are most important to me in my family?
- How can I handle my divorce in a way that gives me the best chance to preserve and protect those relationships?
- Do I want to treat my spouse with respect in my divorce?
- Do I want a resolution that is fair to both my spouse and I under the law?
- Who can I work with to help me determine what a fair divorce settlement is based on the circumstances of my marriage and the law?
- Do I want to go through court litigation, or do I want to seek a private resolution with trained Collaborative Divorce Professionals?
- Do I want to pay a fixed fee to resolve my divorce promptly, or do I want to pay an hourly fee with no idea of what the final cost will be and how long it will take?
BENEFITS OF MAKING A PLAN FOR DIVORCE
Taking the time to make a plan, and to consider all of your alternatives before starting your divorce will save you and your family a great deal of time and money.
Also, this important step will help you define what is most important to you in your divorce, and what actions you need to take to accomplish those goals that are most important to you in your divorce.
If you, or a friend of yours, has questions about Collaborative Divorce in Palm Beach County, we are here to help.
Chad Layton, Esq.
Office Located At:
205 Worth Ave.
Palm Beach, FL 33480
Phone (561) 537-8227
Office E-Mail: Chad@mindfuldivorcepa.com
Office Website: https://www.mindfuldivorcepa.com